Feeling a little sluggish at work lately? With deadlines, client interactions, and commuting, we can all feel a little sluggish and put self-care on the backburner. Here are some helpful tips to get back on track and help boost productivity:
1. Exercise – Regular exercise promotes cardiovascular and muscular health. Regular exercise also helps to create a routine in order stability.
2. Ample Sleep - Most people need about 7-8 hours a sleep a night. Whatever your sleep style may be, enough sleep will ensure that you are alert during the day.
3. Recreation - You may be fully dedicated to your job, but there needs to be a work life balance. Spending time with family, friends and even your pet(s) will help to fulfill that need. Consider taking up a hobby or joining a recreational sports league in order to have a life outside of work.
4. Balanced Diet - During a normal work day, it is easy to grab a snack out of the vending machine or hit up a drive thru for lunch. Eating like this throughout the work day will lead to that afternoon slump. Instead, try planning and prepping your meals and snacks ahead of time to ensure that you are getting all the nutrients you need.
5. Prioritize - Do you make a daily to-do list? This might be a helpful tool to help you prioritize all the tasks you need to do that day. This will help you visualize your tasks and then be able to rank each depending on priority. Productivity at work begins with having other aspects of your life in order. A work-life balance is what allows me to be successful as an accountant and will most definitely help you succeed in your industry.